Step back in time…
Three classes booked already and March 3rd 2018 looks as if it will be booked out by early next week. Thank you for all the your support and interest by the way!!
Why not join us and step back in time with Steve Hogwood in an authentic Blacksmith shop from the 1880s and experience how the past was forged. These 5 hour courses are full on, using original equipment and no spot welders!
These courses are very, very hands on too. Also enjoy lunch on the veranda of the Blacksmith shop, while you look over the Meadow and then take home the fruits of your labour – everything is supplied and all you have to bring is your smile and your passion to learn about a trade that’s as old as the human race itself, the ‘King of Trades’ as it was called.
THE KING OF TRADES
Going Hammer and Tong Courses – Beginners
Blacksmith courses start in the Blacksmith Shop at 9.30am sharp in Wildes Meadow, Southern Highlands at the 1910 Ironworks.
Please note – these 5 hour sessions can be trimmed back to 3-4 hours all up if required and one on one tuition is also available – POA email@example.com
Here you will learn how to use and control a traditional coke fire, taught basic forging, hammer and tong skills in a traditional 19th Century Village Blacksmith Shop. We’ll also cover basic forging techniques, such as nail making, forging a meat skewer or poker and forging an ‘S’ hook in our full on 5 hour workshop. The session finishes at 3pm with half an hour for lunch*.
All equipment, safety gear, apron, tools and materials will be supplied.
Please note *A light lunch and refreshments are inclusive and served on the veranda of the Blacksmith Shop.
You also get to meet other people passionate about this ancient craft and take home your pieces forged on the day.
- 9.30am arrive at Blacksmith shop/OH&S work practices/equipment issued.
- 10am, formed into teams we start forging. Fire control/tool usage, nail making/’S’ hook and or Meat Skewer.
- 12.30pm – Light lunch and refreshments.
- 1pm we continue forging until 2.30pm when we review the work and clear up the shop after the day.
- The all inclusive cost is $240 per student Inc. GST. Payable prior to the class and is only refundable if the class, for what ever reason does not proceed.
These sessions fill fast, as they are small and very hands on. So, it’s first in to secure a place in these classes.
Scheduled Courses as of January 2018 :-
- Saturday 3rd March 2018 – Beginners Part 1
- Saturday 7th April 2018 – Beginners – Part 2 – Upsetting, Drawing out, Scroll work and twisting.
- Saturday 5th May 2018 – Intermediate – Part 1 – Forge welding, basket twist, hot and cold cutting, splitting and forging.
Payment options, EFT and Paypal – these details will be emailed to you on confirmation of your email booking.
Hopefully we’ll see you going hammer and tongs in March! Cheers, Steve.