Fruits and vegetables work wonders for your health and wellbeing, not to mention your skin and hair. It is the best nourishment for both internal and external aspects of the body. However, there are some fruits and vegetables that are loaded with pesticides and other such chemicals and consumption of these food items can cause severe health problems. As a rule of thumb, it is best to avoid “conventionally grown” fruits and vegetables that have a skin that can be consumed. It is wise to opt for thick skinned fruits and vegetables, the flesh of which needs to be eaten. Given below is a list of 9 fruits and veggies with the most pesticides. These are the food items that you really should eat organically. You really should eat all organic but if that is not possible these are the ones to focus on.
1. Apples: Apples top the list of the 9 fruits and veggies with the most pesticides. They tend to have a skin that absorbs the pesticides without any difficulty. To avoid this, you can always buy organic apples.
2. Celery: Celery is used in a variety of preparations. It is used in salads and the juices extracted from this vegetable have a plethora of health benefits. However, this is also the vegetable that has most pesticides and buying organic is the best way out.
3. Cherry tomatoes: Used largely in salads, it is wise to avoid these as they tend to absorb a lot of pesticide.
4. Cucumbers: Cucumbers are eaten all over the world and it is not very easy to give up eating this vegetable with rich water content. The best thing to do when you wish to consume cucumbers without letting the pesticides find their way inside your body is by peeling the skin off and eating the contents inside.
5. Grapes: Grapes are a fruit that is loved by people all over the world. However, it is also one of the 9 fruits and veggies with the most pesticides. Grapes are eaten the way they are or included in salads and smoothies. It, therefore, becomes increasingly difficult to shun fruits as dynamic as grapes. It is; thus, wise to consume organic grapes to avoid the pesticides and other harmful chemicals.
6. Peaches: Used in a variety of scrumptious desserts like tarts, pies and sorbets, this fruit tends to absorb colossal amounts of pesticide and other harmful chemicals. You must, therefore, either avoid this fruit completely or buy organic ones.
7. Spinach: Apart from the dirt and grit that accompanies this green leafy vegetable, there is also a load of pesticides that comes with it. Since spinach forms a large part of one’s diet,and is a food that everyone should have in their kitchen, it is best to use the organic varieties instead.
8. Strawberries: For obvious reasons, this is a fruit that cannot be peeled. Therefore, it is always hazardous to consume “conventionally grown” strawberries as they come loaded with harmful chemicals like pesticides.
9. Bell peppers: No matter which color you pick, they will always have traces of pesticides. If you wish to include these in your diet, it is best to go organic.
See more at this fantastic web site, these people are an inspiration to us all -: http://therawfoodfamily.com/